**Title: Manufacturing Engineer**
**Location: Cape Canaveral, FL **
**Citizenship Requirement: Yes**
**Req #: 2435**
**Summary: **Craig Technologies Aerospace Solutions has an opening for a
Manufacturing Engineer at its Cape Canaveral, FL manufacturing facility. Our
portfolio includes precision manufacturing for the Aerospace, Satellite and
Commercial industries. This position is responsible for the manufacturing job
planning, direction, and coordination of all work activities and resources
necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and
* Generate job routers for hardware manufactured on the shop floor using ShopTech Software.
* Develop and implement Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP's) for a variety of mechanical parts and assemblies.
* Utilize basic drafting and software programs to develop MPP's, design tooling, support equipment, process flows.
* Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing operators to facilitate assembly performance.
* Work with team to develop and apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields.
* Investigate root cause of failures/defects and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
* Generate non-conformance, root cause, and corrective action documentation based on customer requirements and existing procedures.
* Generate and review procurement requests based on customer requirements, engineering, and quality codes.
* Review raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
* Control the configuration of customer engineering to include drawings, CAD models, specifications, etc... based on existing procedures.
* Expedite hardware from station to station during production to minimize downtime during all phases of production
* And other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering desirable
* 5+ years' experience in CNC manufacturing
* Able to read blueprints and thorough understanding of GD&T.
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks and Mastercam
* Working knowledge of ISO and AS9100 standards
* Knowledge to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to support production
* Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
* History of progressive responsibility a plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
* Frequent and infrequent physical demands required by the employee to include lifting, carrying, standing or sitting for long periods of time. Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Office and Manufacturing environment. Must follow all safety rules and practices on shop floor including but not limited to using safety glasses and shoes while around machining operations.
* Additional desired, and not required requirements to be considered and hired for this position such as a specific software tool
Craig Technologies is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related
protected status. All candidates selected will be subject to a security
background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access
to classified information.