Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Director of Professional Services & Support
* The heart of a startup.
* The stability of an established company.
* Software that accelerates innovation at the world's leading companies.
Apply to Perforce today if this sounds interesting to you! We're a leading
global software company looking for smart, fun, talented team members. At
Perforce, you'll enjoy competitive benefits while working with and learning
from some of the best and brightest in business. Before you know it, you'll be
in the middle of a rewarding career at a company headed in one direction:
Perforce is seeking a Tier 2, Technical Support Engineer to join our Global
Support Team, liaising with members from Sales, Professional Services and,
Development to assist in resolving a wide variety of customer issues. You
would be responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively
providing dependable and timely resolution to Perforce's Helix Core software.
The ideal candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, results-
oriented and able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the
delivery of world-class technical support services.
* Represent Perforce as the first point of contact for their technical support queries.
* Review scope of customer issue and determine best course for resolution.
* Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize it effectively to help customers.
* Resolve customer issues expeditiously.
* Resolve database and performance issues.
* Research, document, and escalate cases according to procedure.
* Customer driven feedback to functional areas in order to influence process/product improvements.
* Author technical documents on common issues and solutions in order to build the knowledge base.
* Positive attitude - Support engineers are required to be respectful, fair, gracious, and knowledgeable.
* Create and set up test environments.
* Reproduce issues by recreating problems in customer environments and experimenting to find a solution
**Required Education, Experience and Skills**
* 2 or more years' experience providing technical support directly to enterprise customers.
* Bachelor's Degree in CS or similar.
* Linux experience
* Basic networking experience
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Strong analytics and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work well under pressure and prioritize accordingly.
* Organized and dedicated.
* Good attention to detail.
* Experience with Perforce, Git, or other version control software is desirable.
* Desire to experiment and explore while seeking solutions to complex problems
* Strong debugging skill
Enterprises across the globe rely on Perforce to build and deliver digital
products faster and with higher quality. Perforce offers complete developer
collaboration and agile project management tools to accelerate delivery cycles
-- from agile planning tools to requirements, issues and test management, which
then link to all source code, binary assets and artifacts for full build and
release tracking and visibility. The company's version control solutions are
well known for securely managing change across all digital content -- source
code, art files, video files, images, libraries -- while supporting the
developer and build tools your teams need to be productive, such as Git,
Visual Studio, Jenkins, Adobe, Maya and many others. Perforce is trusted by
the world's most innovative brands, including NVIDIA, Pixar, Scania, Ubisoft,
and VMware. The company has offices in Minneapolis, MN, Alameda, CA, Mason,
OH, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Australia, and sales
partners around the globe. For more information, please visit
**Perforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans,