**Role:** Open Source Staff Engineer/Solutions Architect
**Location:** Louisville, CO or Minneapolis, MN
Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as
well as team productivity for several of the world's leading companies, such
as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, NVIDIA, and Johns Hopkins.
Perforce is seeking a Open Source Staff Engineer/Solutions Architect to join
our OpenLogic team. As a member of the support team, you'll be responsible for
assisting our clients to work through their technical questions on open source
including 'how to', trouble shooting and recommendations on product use.
Additionally, based on needs of our customers, you will be involved in
presenting training classes (both onsite and remote depending on need of the
client); short-term professional service engagements to assist with architect
and design solutions; working on internal projects; and enhancing current
skills by continuing to learn new open source technologies.
OpenLogic provides enterprise services for hundreds of open source projects --
including OpenJDK, Kubernetes, CentOS, and MariaDB -- so you can boost
efficiency and savings with free software, while cutting risk.
* Interact with end users on technical problems.
* Tier 1, 2 and 3 support for CentOS and related open source products.
* Drive resolution of those problems, which include:
* Open source software issues.
* Questions around open source software usage.
* Questions around use and best practices.
* Review of the architecture and design where software is implemented.
* Conduct professional services and training engagements.
* Research, understand, and advocate open source software.
* Interact with various open source communities.
* Drive early resolution of issues.
* Be a part of the on-call rotation.
* Present knowledge via articles, blogs, and conference presentations.
* May require 15% travel while completing on-site consulting.
* Minimum of five years of software development and design or systems administration or level 3-4 technical support experience.
* Technical knowledge, skills and expertise in complex infrastructure, web-based software and enterprise software
* Understanding of software best practices; SDLC, SCM and Agile development principles.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Expert level in a number of open source packages.
* Broad and deep familiarity with multiple projects to include Java and J2EE, JBoss, ActiveMQ, Drools, HornetQ, Hibernate, Spring, Linux (focus primary on CentOS or Ubuntu), Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSql, Open source project and community participation and Production/24x7 experience.
* Database administration; postgresql/mysql/mariadb experience very desirable
* Expertise in Cassandra, Kafka, and/or cloud-native applications is a plus.
If you are passionate about the technology that impacts our day-to-day lives
and want to work with people as talented and dedicated as yourself, apply
_Perforce is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and celebrate